Thursday, November 25, 2010

Book Love


Lately I've been having some health problems. Nothing major but bad enough to stop me from doing any blog post worthy cooking. I did however take the time to look around and see what's new in the delicious world of cookbooks. Here are some favourites that I'd like, correction, I need to pile on my bedside table asap:


Picture 14
Tartine Bread by Chad Robertson, baker and co-owner of Tartine bakery in San Francisco. I absolutely love this book. A handsome surfer who makes chewy, crusty, perfect bread. What's not to love? Watch their video and prepare to fall in love. Over and over and over again...
Picture 13
Bourke Street Bakery, baked goods,all the way from Sydney, Australia. If you need convincing, just take a look at their website.
I can't wait to get this one for those lazy, winter Sunday mornings.
Picture 15
French Feasts, 299 Traditional Recipes for Family Meals and Gatherings, by Stephane Reynaud. Hmmm...I'm thinking apres-ski gatherings...
 
Picture 17
Recipes from an Italian Summer. For the summer of your dreams, spent cooking for your friends in your (rented) Sicilian villa, or on the shores of Capri. Or your downtown apartment in Toronto. Either way, it's going to be one perfect summer.













5 comments:

TLB said...

Beautiful blog!
Thanks for sharing these great books…and for the wonderful images!

Simones Kitchen said...

Sorry to hear your not feeling so well! I hope you start to feel better soon! In the meantime; thanks for giving me even more cookbooks I want to buy! lol...

Ash said...

Well I hope you feel better soon!!
I was actually looking at the tartine bread cookbook just the other day.. yet another one I just might need as well. I did just receive the second addition to baked. Can't wait to try out some recipes!

get better! and happy holidays!!

Melly said...

Hi dear. Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Hope it's nothing too serious and that you'll be better again soon.

Happy Christmas to you and your man.

All the best,

Melly

Marian (Sweetopia) said...

Beautiful food, beautiful photos, beautiful blog.
I hope you're feeling better!