Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Zucchini patties with feta

Here's a fast weekday dinner recipe. These patties are from Bon Appetit magazine. I've been making them for a while. Everyone loves them.


Picture 5


Ingredients

2 1/2 cups coarsely grated zucchini
1 egg
1 tsp salt, divided
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 tbsp fresh dill
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup corn oil
Greek yogurt to serve

Mix zucchini with 1/2 tsp salt in a large bowl. Let stand 5 minutes. Put it in a sieve. Press out excess liquid. Put zucchini back to bowl. Mix in egg, yolk, flour, cheese and 1/2 tbsp salt. Mix in parsley, onion and dill. If the batter is too wet, add more flour.
Heat two oils in a large skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into skillet. Fry patties until golden, 5 minutes per side.
For a more substantial meal( to go with the patties), fry up some organic lamb sausages, and serve with yogurt and warm pita bread.

4 comments:

Melita said...

Those look great! Love zucchini! I like your blog! Great pictures too!

Cherie said...

Thank you. Glad you're enjoying my blog.

melly said...

This looks delicious! I think I will definitely try them, Cherie.

melly said...

I think actually.. I would try these with potato in them too.

Hmmmm... I'll let you know how it goes.